When life’s challenges are overwhelming, many individuals and families in the greater Charlotte, NC area look to Lutheran Services Carolinas for help. The LSC Counseling Center in Charlotte provides individual, marital, and family counseling by a state-certified therapist. LSC also offers workshops such as single-parent retreats and marriage enrichment sessions, and provides assessment and referral information.
If you, a friend or family member is struggling with a difficult issue, contact LSC. Individuals may call directly for an appointment. Referrals are not necessary.
Just One Story - ACTT transforms lives
The Assertive Community Treatment Team helps those with mental illess move forward. See more.
For more information on counseling and other family life services, contact the LSC Counseling Center.
Charlotte Counseling Center
1001 Queens Road
Charlotte, NC 28207
What is ACTT?
ACTT (Assertive Community Treatment Team) is a mobile multi-disciplinary approach to the treatment of severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI). LSC ACTT operates in Orange, Person, and Chatham Counties in North Carolina. It is evidenced-based treatment that works.
Individuals diagnosed with a SPMI often have a difficult time functioning in the community. ACTT gives these individuals access to the services they need, when they need them, in order to maximize their quality of life while maintaining their independence. Clients receive help with basic needs, help with medications, and help simply getting through each day.
How does ACTT work?
ACTT takes treatment to the person. At Lutheran Services Carolinas, the ACT Team includes a director, psychiatrist, psychiatric nurses, clinical counselors, a substance abuse counselor, a peer support specialist, a vocational specialist, and an office manager.
ACTT provides comprehensive person-centered care. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Although ACTT operates from an office, 75 percent of services are provided to the individual at home, at work, or in other community settings, wherever and whenever needed.
What services does ACTT provide?
ACTT services include:
- Psychiatric treatment and assessment
- Group and individual therapy
- Group and individual substance abuse counseling
- Medication management and support
- Physical health assessment and monitoring
- Family support and education
- Entitlement and financial management
- Housing and tenancy support
- Employment support.
How does ACTT help?
The goals of the team are:
- To lessen/eliminate symptoms of mental illness and to minimize or prevent recurrent acute episodes of the illness
- To reduce or prevent hospital admissions
- To reduce family stress
- To reduce the frequency of crises events
- To reduce involvement with the criminal justice system
- To improve the quality and stability of the client’s housing
- To meet basic needs and enhance the client’s quality of life
- To improve functioning in social and employment settings
For more information, contact:
LSC ACTT, 891 Willow Drive, Suite 2, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, (919) 968-2552 or email actt@LSCarolinas.net.