Thousands of children share a simple dream – to have a family of their own. Lutheran Services Carolinas enables many children to live that dream. LSC's SNAP program (Special Needs Adoption Program) helps identify loving adoptive families for children in the foster care system.
Prospective adoptive parents:
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- May be working or stay-at-home parents
- May be married or single - married couples must have been together at least two years
- Can rent or own their home
- Must be financially stable
- Must be able to provide a healthy, loving and nurturing home for a child.
Complete an Adoption Inquiry Form »
LSC helps families through the adoption process by:
- Providing information about the realities and benefits of adoption.
- Providing parent preparation training for prospective adoptive families
- Completing pre-placement assessments (home studies) to prepare families to welcome an adoptive child or children into their homes.
- Identifying the best possible fit between families and children to decrease the chance of future separation.
- Acting as liaison between the family and placing agency.
- Offering post-placement supervision to support and guide families.
- Providing adoption finalization services to assist adoptive families in achieving permanency with their adoptive child or children.
- Providing post-adoption support and referral to additional services in the community.
Learn More About What to Expect »
Just One Story - Eight is Great!
Life seemed set for the Diefenbachs – Mike worked as a commercial airline pilot, Lori had her own business, and they were parents to three growing children. But one day, a presentation about adoption at their church changed their family of five forever.