Thousands of children share a simple dream to have a family of their own. Lutheran Services Carolinas enables many children to live that dream. LSC's foster-to-adopt program (sometimes called SNAP) helps identify loving adoptive families for children in the foster care system.
Prospective adoptive parents:
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- May be working or stay-at-home parents
- May be married or single - married couples must have been together at least two years
- Can rent or own their home
- Must be financially stable
- Must be able to provide a healthy, loving and nurturing home for a child.
Complete an Adoption Inquiry Form
LSC helps families through the adoption process by:
- Providing information about the realities and benefits of adoption.
- Providing parent preparation training for prospective adoptive families
- Completing pre-placement assessments (home studies) to prepare families to welcome an adoptive child or children into their homes.
- Identifying the best possible fit between families and children to decrease the chance of future separation.
- Acting as liaison between the family and placing agency.
- Offering post-placement supervision to support and guide families.
- Providing adoption finalization services to assist adoptive families in achieving permanency with their adoptive child or children.
- Providing post-adoption support and referral to additional services in the community.
Learn More About What to Expect
Just One Story - 'Why don't you adopt us?'
After spending years in foster care, South Carolina brothers find 'the right family.'